Nothing better than baking with what you want to get rid of at home. Overripe bananas? No problems. This is where you get yourself together and make yourself a loaf (or in my case a cake thingy) of banana bread. Perfectly sweet with a touch of crunch. This is my way of making the perfect banana bread!
The traditional way of making the banana bread is to use a loaf pan but if you don’t have one at home it works perfectly fine to use whatever deep dish pan you have at home, but it’s good to remember that the baking time will variate then.
Recipe for 10-12 slices (depending on what you bake it in)
- Butter and flour to the pan
- 100 g room tempered butter
- 2 dl sugar
- 4 ripe/overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 dl flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla sugar
How to bake:
- Set the oven to 200°C
- Butter and flour a bread pan (or any other pan that fits)
- Peel and mash the bananas. Whisk butter and sugar porous with an electric whisk. Add and whisk the eggs in the butter batter and then the mashed bananas.
- Mix all dry ingredients and put into the batter. Stir to a smooth batter. Pour into the pan. Add chopped walnuts for an additional crunch (it’s so good!!). You can also add a sliced banana on the top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 40-50 minutes until the cake is golden (if using another pan less deep, check after 30-35 minutes), feel with an oven stick so it’s ready in the middle. Allow to cool and cut into slices.